[SAC] Wiki pages need update and Portal committee page is missing

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Mon Feb 5 11:19:56 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Arnulf Christl wrote:
>> ...a misleading subject title.
>> I meant to say that a page describing SAC is missing on
>> http://www.osgeo.org (or it is so well hidden that I did not find it).
>
> Arnulf,
>
> Do you think it is necessary to have a SAC page on the Drupal portal?

No, I just reasoned that all committees should have an "info sheet" on Drupal (like the software projects). No reason really (blushes). I thought that formally the member list must be in the "stable" section of the OSGeo web site and that the Wiki due to its transient character could never serve that purpose.

> Some committees, like the Incubator, have an "outwards facing" page
> to describe themselves, but it doesn't seem critical to me for primarily
> internal committees like SAC and WebCom to have distinct pages there.
> At least not in my mind.

Great. First I mess up things then I over formalize. Eventually I will find the right way and turn left. ...we could at least protect those few Wiki pages with information that has official character. But we don't *have* to do that either...

But from there http://www.osgeo.org/committees.html goes 404

> I'll take it on myself to prepare a list of committees, pointing to their
> (apparent) primary page whether it is on the drupal site or in the wiki.
>
> Best regards,

This will turn (apparent) into official and we have resolved yet another issue.

Thanks a lot,
Arnulf.