[SAC] Download stats

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 7 22:28:42 EST 2007

Is there any chance we can get awstats or similar log reporting tools
to visualise where downloads are happening from?  I'm thinking
specifically of www.osgeo.org and the download.osgeo.org server logs.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed but I just wondered how
easy/hard or time consuming it may be.  MapGuide enjoyed some
download stats before the migration plus I'd like to have some more
information about our web requests.  The other stat I have is that
the main page of www.osgeo.org has been read 29555 time since we put
it up!  Not too bad, but that's not broken down into unique visitors
or anything.

Any ideas or roadblocks?

Tyler