[SAC] Trac getting email addresses from LDAP

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 9 21:20:08 EST 2007

Folks,

I have successfully hacked Trac to fetch email addresses from LDAP for
authenticated users who haven't set their email address "setting" in Trac.
This is now in place on trac.osgeo.org for all trac instances.  The
change required changes to the Trac python scripts, and will have to be
manually reapplied to new versions if we upgrade.  Details are at:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/trac/osgeo/ticket/39

I will move Shawn's Trac details from the general migration wiki page to their
own Trac wiki page and add notes on this change.

/me is feeling Trac/LDAP empowered.