[SAC] More list stuff...

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Jan 12 21:40:24 EST 2007

Hi Shawn,

These mailing lists only contain spam, and can be safely deleted:

ossim_issues
conference_issues
brasil_issues

Mail_Africa only appears to have one month of archives.  Is there any way that these could be rolled into the Africa archives, and Mail_Africa removed?

Also, because I'm a typical IT control freak, I would love to see the following name changes.  Does anyone have contacts on these lists that could be asked?  I could just subscribe to all of them and ask the question, but... I'm lazy...

can_rnf => can-rnf   (what in the world is this? should we have a naming convention for unaligned mailing lists?)
edu_discuss => education
grass_announce => grass-announce
mapbender_dev => mapbender-dev
mapbender_users => mapbender-users
conference_dev  => conference
japan_dev => japan-dev
japan_mapguide => japan-mapguide
ottawa_users => ottawa-users
www_international-discuss => intl-discuss

I'm trying to set up Nabble as a searchable gateway into the OSGeo mailing lists:

http://www.nabble.com/OSGeo.org-f18127.html <http://www.nabble.com/OSGeo.org-f18127.html>

Would it be possible to get the archives in mbox format for the following so that Nabble can import them for list history?

Projects:

edu_discuss
fdo-announce
fdo-internals
fdo-users
geodata

Foundation / Committees:

board
conference_dev
fundraising
incubator
sac
viscom-announce
viscom-dev
viscom-discuss-de
webcom

Chapters:

africa
francophone
japan-board
japan_dev
japan_mapguide
ottawa_users

General:

webmap-discuss
www_international-discuss
can_rnf

I can provide details for an FTP upload if you don't have somewhere to post them.

Thanks,
Jason