[SAC] Mailing List Administration

Allan Doyle adoyle at eogeo.org
Mon Jan 15 15:43:56 EST 2007

Remember that simply keeping the mailman archives publicly readable
ensures that they are indexed by all the search engines. Anything
else like Nabble is primarily providing additional user-friendliness.
So I don't see it as critical.

Furthermore, the 2nd most critical function we have is searchability
that arises from being available on Google et. al. so by definition,
we're outsourcing critical functionality.

The first critical function? Developing useful content to be searched
in the first place...

	Allan