[SAC] Infrastucture Support for non-OSGeo projects

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Jan 16 14:13:38 EST 2007

I like the idea, but I'm a little worried about going ahead with this
without some kind of plan to manage our resources and a framework for
what resources official and unofficial projects would be provided with.

My main concern is that we don't end up with a set of three or four
independent application installs to support for each new "mini-project"
and the maintenance overhead that comes with that.

If we are going to do this, is there software out there that we can use
to set up some kind of "geoforge" so that we don't end up getting
stretched?  Would it be better to leverage existing resources like SF
and Google Code for these projects?

Jason