[SAC] Subversion is 403 right now

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Jan 22 13:27:42 EST 2007

Allowing anonymous submission over the web these days inevitably leads
to spam... we've all seen wikis being spammed... I've even seen bugzilla
which requires signing up for a user account being spammed. I don't know
Trac but I'd think about it twice before allowing anonymous users to
submit tickets.

Daniel

shawn barnes wrote:
> Yes it's easy to set up anonymous submissions.
>
> what would you like the instance to be called.  i'll initialize it this
> afternoon so you can take a look.
>
> shawn
>
> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> shawn barnes wrote:
>>>
>>> I'll create an instance of trac for sac and webcom today or early
>>> tomorrow morning (EST).
>>>
>>> what access levels are needed?  who can read and who can submit tickets?
>> Shawn,
>>
>> Can we allow anonymous users submit tickets?  Since we have no mechanism
>> in place for lightweight user signup yet, we pretty much will need to
>> allow anonymous submissions I would think.
>>
>> Best regards,

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/