[SAC] Virtual Hosts Policy

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Jan 22 21:15:17 EST 2007

Howard Butler wrote:

> Thoughts or comments?  Project based or service based (makes no
> difference to me, as long as we choose one)?

I think I'd go with service-based because that allows moving specific
services to separate machines without changing the URLs. As traffic to
our sites increase, we will inevitably need to move services to separate
boxes, so we might as well plan for that now.

> When we come to agreement
> on how to proceed, I'll write up a "policy doc" for the wiki that we can
> follow when adding new services/projects.

+10 for the policy doc. Glad to see that I'm not the only one to think
that we need to set some rules in order to keep things organized.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/