[SAC] Subversion vhost migration underway

Howard Butler hobu at iastate.edu
Sun Mar 4 02:01:54 EST 2007

The other thing we could do is have /svn/fdo use the old
configuration and /fdo use the new configuration (rather than having
the new configuration/vhost answer both /svn/fdo *and* /fdo).  This
would mean that people could use the wildcard stuff for their
switchover to the new canonical URL.  We can do this on a per-
repository basis, so we could limit it to the fdo* and mapguide
repositories, which seem to be depending on wildcard.

I have taken liberty to try this out with the FDO repository and it
seems to work (let me know if I need to switch it back).  I don't
want to cause the pain and misery of manually merging for lots of
folks, so which ever way is going to lessen that is the approach I
think we should take.  If this sounds good, I will flip the fdo* and
mapguide repos to behave this way until 5 pm monday.  After that
point, I will have the vhost answer both /svn/fdo and /fdo, and
*those* people can then do their svn switch --relocate. (or checkout
fresh if it isn't too much of a hardship, there's always that option).

Whaddya think?

Howard