[SAC] Re: Moving Wiki?

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Sun Mar 4 11:41:42 EST 2007

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> On 1-Mar-07, at 9:52 AM, Arnulf Christl wrote:
>
>> go for it, whenever there is a slot to do it. I did not push this to
>> not put yet another task on SAC's list and as you said it is stable as
>> it is.
>
> Arnulf, would you be able to talk to the current hosts and see if they
> are doing backups?  It'd be nice to get copy of at least one just for
> security sake.

Hi Tyler,
yes the Wikis are backed up on a daily basis. We could "implement" a way to get this backup (basically an SQL dump) uploaded to some OSGeo place. But once we have done that that it just needs an instance of MediaWiki on one of the SAC servers to simply migrate right away. Without that MediaWiki server the backup doe not help a lot. And the DNS entry needs to be changed but from what I gather this is not a big deal anymore. Just let me know when we can do that, we fix a date and migrate the whole thing.

Best regards,
Arnulf.