[SAC] shell access

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed May 23 11:20:13 EDT 2007

Sorry to be repetitious about this but yesterday I served as
Lorenzo's "svn gateway" - doing updates on the www.osgeo.org servers
just so he could test his new layout changes.  This is because he has
no shell access to the machine.  He does all his testing on the test
server, then we use svn update to move the changes over to the main.
This is fine when I am around and have time to help, but I'm afraid
I'm a serious bottleneck.  Every time I'm on the road someone seems
to need my help and I can't always do it.  I suggest SAC consider
giving him shell  access so he can at least handle his own layout
changes.

I know there is reluctance to doing this, but I think having another
person (from a european timezone) with good knowledge, interest and
good mojo would be helpful at this point.

Tyler

Begin forwarded message: