[SAC] Re: [OSGeo] #103: Move main OSGeo Wiki to OSGeoinfrastructure

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Nov 1 19:26:54 EDT 2007

> I'm of the opinion that we should flush the existing wiki userids,
> and just get people to login with OSGeo userids, with a pointer
> to where to get one.  I just hate to think of all those extra
> userids getting dumped into LDAP.

I do too, but isn't this going to screw up all of the user pages, edit
history, etc... all of the goodness that is linked to the wiki user IDs?

I'd love it if there was some way to let users who care type in their
old userid and their new userid and have everthing remapped.  Doesn't
sound especially easy though ;)

Jason

warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGeo,
http://osgeo.org