[SAC] Virtual Machines for Services

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Nov 20 13:07:56 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Anyways, before we invest to much time and energy setting up VMs for
> buildslaves (for instance), I'd love to see us have a discussion as
> a group and decide on a VM technology we are interested in committing
> to.

I've heard very good things about OpenVZ from someone using dozens of
VMs on a farm of servers, including some very high traffic sites:

   http://openvz.org/

The main advantage of OpenVZ over VMWare and many others is performance
since it makes better use of system resources. Unfortunately I don't
know much more than that about it and never had time to look at it.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/