[SAC] Re: [Webcom] OSGeo and internet domains

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Fri Oct 12 08:22:06 EDT 2007

Hi all

I've seen Osgeo.es is still free. But I'm not sure it can be bought by
an international organization without any formal link to Spain.
Maybe Jorge has a better knowledge about it.

Markus, you have osgeo.it registered, is there in Italy the same
problem? Once it was a problem.
In this case it would make sense, I guess, to have a local buyer and a
OSGeo Technical Contact, or vice versa.

About foss4g domains I would suggest to buy more then year by year.
If it make sense to worry about any joker buying some OSGeo related
domain for whatever interest, I would suggest to buy even:
foss4g2010.org
foss4g2011.org
foss4g2012.org
foss4g2013.org
foss4g2014.org
and so on...
probably 5 year could be enough to have time to change the name, eventually.

my 0.02€

ciao
Lorenzo