[SAC] PEER1 and Telascience server roles

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Wed Oct 17 08:55:31 EDT 2007

John Graham wrote:
> Martin
>
> It was not a lot of effort to set up MediaWiki
> I can always use it for something else

Why not use this machine then? I sort of like the idea that we do not lose everything because one ISP goes down. From what I understand teascience and osgeo2 are fairly independent, even spatially. So if one meteor hits the osgeo2 ISP then we will still have the Wiki on telascience to blog about it and vice versa if telascience breaks we still have the web site.

As most everybody already has one account for the Wiki and one for the rest there is no need to hurry connecting with LDAP (although even that seems like not too large a problem technically anymore).

Best regards,
Arnulf.