[SAC] Attend to www.osgeo.org

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 18 08:17:05 EDT 2007

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Hi to whoever wakes up first, http://www.osgeo.org is down, MySQL says
> too many connections. Trac also has trouble. SVN can compare but not
> update or synchronize. Not much in the response code 500:
>
> Error string not specified yet
> Can't find temporary directory
>
> We should consider extending the inner circle administrator list to
> include people from other time zones. I will not call Frank in the
> middle of the night even it it says "anytime" on:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/SAC:Primary_Administrators

Arnulf,

It says anytime for a reason!

Problem resolved ... it was:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/126

I neglected to actually put the expire logs thing in place despite
saying I would.  It should be ok now.

I'm in favor of having additional admins in other time zones, though we
are trying to restrict root access to a limited number of individuals.
So one or two more we know a bit (to trust) and who are willing to make
a significant commitment would be very helpful.

I will leave recruiting/etc to the chair...