[SAC] Motion: Host wiki.osgeo.org on OSGeo2 Server

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 18 10:31:24 EDT 2007

Folks,

I hearby motion to host wiki.osgeo.org on the OSGeo2 server.

--

Martin Spott wrote:
 > This motivation as well as other opinions on this topic are understood.
 > Yet someone should make the decision - and this certainly won't be me.

After some discussion in irc this seemed to be the consensus.  Primarily
because we have less downtime on the peer1 servers than on telascience.
Keeping it off osgeo1 means that if we have osgeo1 downtime (like this morning)
we can still get to the wiki unless all of peer1 is down (this has been very
rare).

The downside is a mixture of backup, dev and live services on osgeo2.

In the interest of progress, if there is no negative feedback on this
motion by tomorrow morning, I'd like to let Martin proceed (so I'm
suggesting an accelerated vote).

If we go this way, I'd also like to setup download2.osgeo.org (a mirror
of download.osgeo.org) to operate off osgeo2.  We already rsync the stuff
there, and it would mitigate occational downtime at telasciencew which
we would leave as the master.