[SAC] osgeo.net dns entries

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Oct 19 10:55:24 EDT 2007

I would recommend a HTTP redirect from http://www.osgeo.net/ to
http://www.osgeo.org/ instead of an alias, this is so that osgeo.org
remains the only authoritative domain for OSGeo sites and you don't end
up with multiple URLs (under multiple domains) pointing to the same
stuff... I'm no expert in search engine ranking, but I'm sure this has
to be better somehow for our ranking in search results, etc. ... and
that also keeps the door open for using osgeo.net or osgeo.com for other
aspects of OSGeo someday.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette