[SAC] OSGeo homepage running PHP out of memory

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Aug 4 11:54:40 EDT 2008

Users on #osgeo reported that the homepage of osgeo.org wasn't loading.
CHecked Apache error logs (/var/log/httpd/error_log) and saw reports
that PHP was running out of memory. Edited /etc/php.ini, searched for
'memory', and sawy that the memory_limit was set to 16M.

Set the value to 32M, restarted apache (/etc/init.d/httpd restart) and
things seem to be working now.

There are comments in there that indicate that the memory should be set
higher in the first place: I can't tell what it is currently supposed to
be, or if we might have edited it at some point. Seems to work for now
though.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt