[SAC] Migration and options

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Tue Aug 19 04:59:43 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 03:30:37PM -0700, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> Anyone else been thinking about potentially changing our web hosting?

I recall Jason's response from last time "is PEER1 value for money"
came up: http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2008-March/001224.html

> I've had some encouraging discussion with Lance from http://
> osuosl.org and I think we could make something really good work

The "blocking issue" (as on Jason's list) is that Mapguide/ADSK wanted
a Service Level Agreement and OSUOSL were unable to offer one because
they don't directly manage the network infrastructure, just the servers.

Is an SLA still important to Mapguide? Has OSUOSL's stance changed?
Also, do they have any mirroring arrangements with like-minded
European or Asian institutions?

cheers,

jo