[SAC] Direction, budgeting, and resources

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Tue Dec 2 17:35:56 EST 2008

Frank,

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 03:51:26PM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Martin Spott wrote:

> >I suspect I'd be leaving the group if someone is going to get paid for
> >the interesting, 'authoritative' stuff while the boring rest is being
> >left to the volunteers. In the end, this might still be a net win for
> >the SAC.
>
> OK, well that largely takes any upside out of paid help.

Oh, I really didn't intend to blackmail OSGeo SAC as the situation does
not necessarily have to turn out this way. If the SAC is going to pay
someone for doing admin work and thus entitle him/her to move/merge or
dissect config stuff at their own will, this might still get you
whatever solution quicker than me awaiting at least some sort of
informal approval to break things for a certain transition period.

Cheers,