[SAC] SWAP space filled

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 4 19:31:14 EST 2008

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> FYI - I couldn't load any osgeo1 web sites a few minutes ago.  I logged
> in (very slowly) with ssh and found that there was no available swap
> space (via top).  I restarted httpd and it seemed to fix the problem.
> Swap availability is back to 1850828k free.

Tyler,

This has occurred several times through the day.  It seems something is
making some sort of huge request by http.  When we last ran into this
problem it was huge changeset request from svn via trac.  I didn't dig
into it today to see if it was the same thing.  It's *really* a pain
in the ass for me to do the log ferret work on stuff like this due to
my high latency network access, so I'm hoping others will do some of this.