[SAC] Re: [OSGeo] #165: Wiki LDAP integration

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Fri Feb 22 01:21:37 EST 2008

Hi Tyler,

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:50:42PM -0000, OSGeo wrote:

>  Just curious why you rewrote to the "/wiki/" prefix - was there a
>  particular quirk you were avoiding?  I'd love to wiki.osgeo.org/Main_Page,
>  avoiding "/wiki/" altogether.

Yes, this was my intention as well, but MediaWiki exposes some really
strange quirks when doing so. This includes random lower/upper case
mangling: For example "skin" had been converted into "Skin" in some
occasions which means the OSGeo layout didn' display.

MediaWiki docs explicitly state that moving the whole thing into the
root dir is unsupported so I finally decided not to track these issues.

Cheers,