[SAC] download.osgeo.org / .218

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 22 23:40:30 EST 2008

Folks,

I have transferred download.osgeo.org service to the .218 server, including
migrating /osgeo/download to that server.

/osgeo/download on .219 is still available, but is NFS mounted from .218.
This should mean that folks with scripts running on .219 and generating
stuff for the download tree (like nightly snapshots) should still work fine.

I have also got rsync service running on the .218 server.

I have also migrated over the awstats stuff, though I'm not convinced it is
working perfectly yet.  I have *not* migrated the old logs over.  So if we
want a "long term" stats picture we will need to somehow merge the logs.
I don't know awstats well enough to accomplish - nor to be honest is this a
real priority for me.

I have *not* migrated ftp service to the new server.  It will work fine off
the old server so it may be that I never bother.  Or perhaps I'll ask Mateusz
to look into it when he has more time next month.

I just changed the download.osgeo.org DNS which has six hour refresh, so by
the time most folks get this email they should be seeing the new server.

Let me know of any problems.

PS. The old server (.219) now has nearly 7GB free, so folks I have been
hounding to keep disk space minimal can now relax.