[SAC] download.osgeo.org / .218

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Feb 23 14:33:59 EST 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Frank,
>
> [great to have more disk space!]
>
> while on the road I don't (yet) understand all the changes.
> I just discovered that my HOME is now empty on download.osgeo.org.
> It contained several subdirectories and all cronjobs for
> the GRASS web site to build snapshots, progman and such.
>
> Could that be transferred back?
>
> The jobs copied from my $HOME into /osgeo/grass/rsync/ space
> and into /osgeo/download/grass/ space.

Markus,

All your stuff should still be on the old system (.219) and still operating
normally.  The /osgeo/download directory from the new blade (.218) is mounted
as /osgeo/download on the old system, so anything that was updating it will
still work.

To login to the old system use one of it's other DNS names (like
grass.osgeo.org or buildbot.osgeo.org).  download.osgeo.org now points to
the new machine.

I'd prefer we not setup to much stuff on the new machine that isn't
specifically about running the download server.  The old machine can be used
for stuff like preparing nightly snapshots, web sites like grass.osgeo.org
and www.gdal.org, and the buildbot and continuium services.

Sorry for the confusion.