[SAC] Disk replacement

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Jan 11 15:39:27 EST 2008

Begin forwarded message from PEER1:

> The rebuild failed.
>
> We will need to schedule time to replace the harddrive and rebuild
> the raidset.
>
> Please provide a 3 hour maintanance window to perform the drive swap.
> The server would be offline for 20 minutes.
>
> While the raid rebuild is occuring, you will be able to access the
> server.

The raid rebuild they had tried didn't work, so they want us to give
them a time when they can replace the drive.  What time would be
good?  I'd say on the weekend at about this time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?
month=1&day=12&year=2008&hour=22&min=0&sec=0&p1=256

This makes it pretty clear for North America, Europe and Africa,
though for Asia / Australia it is during the day on the weekend.

Make sense?

Tyler

p.s. If anyone can think of a better way to handle these tickets from
PEER1, please let me know.