[SAC] Added SSL NameVirtualHost to osgeo2

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Jan 28 16:13:39 EST 2008

I noticed that I couldn't log in to wiki.osgeo.org under SSL.

After some discussions with Frank, I was given a login to osgeo2 and
tested (carefully) some configuration changes to allow for this.

 - Added a NameVirtualHost entry to /etc/httpd/conf.d/vhost.conf
    NameVirtualHost 66.223.95.243:443

 - Duplicated the VirtualHost section to
/etc/httpd/conf.d/hosts/wiki.conf using the 443 port

I made backups of these files with the current date as an extension
(e.g. vhost.conf.20080128)

Requests for specific pages such as
https://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Main_Page now appear to work fine
(apart from the certificate error on the self-signed cert).  However,
MediaWiki redirects from https://wiki.osgeo.org/ to
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Main_Page  Anyone know how to make this
redirect retain the initially requested protocol?

Jason