[SAC] osgeo1 Server Reboot

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 7 17:05:34 EST 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Today circa 12:45am EST (early afternoon) the osgeo1 server became
> unresponsive (http, svn, ssh).  I gave it a few minutes with no improvement
> and then did a forced power cycle.  It seems to have recovered.  I did not
> attempt any forensic investigation.
>
> Best regards,

Folks,

Circa 4:30pm the server was found to be largely unresponsive.  I succeeded in
logging in and found the load average was over 50.  I was eventually able
to restart apache and bring the system back under control.  I am unclear
on what caused the load spike.

Grr.

I'd appreciate people keeping a bit of an eye on:

   http://svn.osgeo.org/server-status

since I assume we are getting swamped by some sort of large http
requests.