[SAC] Re: ! wiki.osgeo.org HTTP DOWN

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sun Mar 9 09:40:03 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 01:51:31PM +0100, Martin Spott wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea what all these mysql-bin.xxxxxx files are for
> in /var/lib/mysql/ ? I've never seen that before with (one of my rare)
> MySQL installations,

Looks like we don't need them for properly running the Wiki- or Trac-
database (I've moved all these files into a subdir /var/lib/mysql/.a/)

So what do you think about installing a CRON job which is going to
purge all these files on a regular basis after they got approx. 3 days
old ? Apparently MySQL tracks these files in 'mysql-bin.index', so we
might be required to restart MySQL afterwards.

Cheers,