[SAC] Re: [OSGeo] #215: MySQL Binary Logs Fill Disk on OSGeo2

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sun Mar 9 10:14:12 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 02:00:27PM -0000, OSGeo wrote:

>  I don't see you in IRC.  Would you like me to take care of cleaning up the
>  mysql logs problem?  I'm just worried about us colliding on this issue.

For clarification: I've been moving all the mysql-bin. files into a
(hand-made) subdir .a to see, if MySQL will resume running afterwards.
In other words: To see if MySQL really still needs these files or if it
can live without. I simply didn't know better than just trying it out.

If you came to the conclusion that MySQL does _not_ need these old
files (at least this is my conclusion) then simply remove the whole .a/
subdir and you'll be fine for a while.
I have to leave urgently (having a concert this evening: Brahms
Requiem), therefore I don't have the time to show up on IRC,