[SAC] Apache Hung

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 24 19:00:12 EDT 2008

Folks,

Circa 6:45pm EST it was observed that OSGeo web services were not responding.
I confirmed that all apache servers seemed to be hung in some fashion
though the machine was not busy or otherwise resource constrained.

"netstat -a" showed quite a few connections, including 100 entries like:

tcp 101 0 osgeo1.osgeo.org:http 157-146.svr.royaume.c:50732 CLOSE_WAIT

I think this is Daniel's service checking machine.  I kept the netstat
output, and it can be found at:

  /home/warmerdam/netstat.log

on osgeo1 if anyone wants to review it.

I have restarted apache and things seem to be working fine now.