[SAC] Re: qgis web migration to osgeo

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 22 11:14:50 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> we found some volunteers in the qgis community who want to help us migrating the
> web from qgis.org to qgis.osgeo.org. Tim Sutton told me that I can
> probably coordinate this with you and/or maybe IRC 'hobu'?.
>
> All volunteers have already joomla experience so we would like to use it again
> at osgeo. Is that possible and how can we proceed?

Otto,

OSGeo's System Administration Committee does not
support Joomla directly, so you are in the position
that you need to install and support it yourself.  Assuming
it isn't too awfully demanding from a resource point of view
i would expect it to be hosted on the telascience blade
xblade14-2 which is the same server hosting grass.osgeo.org
and www.gdal.org.   It is also upload.osgeo.org so any QGIS
folks with accounts there for uploading stuff to the download
server already have access.  If you need new folks to have
accounts on the system, please email me directly or file a
ticket against SAC in the OSGeo Trac instance.