[SAC] Re: qgis web migration to osgeo

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri May 23 05:59:02 EDT 2008

On 5/23/08, Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
>  for the moment I would need some space on the telascience blade xblade14-2
>  that I can reach via qgis.osgeo.org, then a .htaccess file and a mysql
>  database for my joomla installation.
>
>  Can you provide that for me or do I have administration rights to do that
>  myself?

Otto,

I have provided "sudo" priveledges to the odassau account on the
xblade14-2 machine.  Currently there is no specific dns entry for
qgis.osgeo.org so it is captured by the wildcard dns entry and
pointed at www.osgeo.org.  I would encourage you to file a SAC
Trac ticket requesting this be pointed at xblade14-2.  In the
meantime you can login to it by ip# or using another name,
like upload.osgeo.org.

Please place all QGIS/Joomla related files you create in
/osgeo/qgis so it is possible to tell what they are.

I'm no mysql guru, so go ahead and make a mysql database.
I presume it will be created off in some standard mysql location
instead of within the /osgeo/qgis area. I can't think of any practical
way to avoid that.

Keep in mind there is no system level backups for xblade14-2.
So one thing you will eventually need to setup is backups for
any part of things you want to keep safe.   There aren't many
limits on what you can install, but conversely there is very
little provided support from SAC.