[SAC] GDAL buildslave on buildtest operational

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 18 13:43:34 EST 2008

Ari Jolma wrote:
> The buildtest slave is now identical to the one in buildbot, which could
> be switched off and perhaps the build area erased to free some disk
> space. I did not do this yet.

Ari,

Yes, please cleanup the telascience-quick, telascience-full and
telascience-stable build slave as soon as is convenient.

> It seems that there was no ticket on this task, but it's done now. I
> installed new swig (1.3.36 on top of old one from a RPM into /usr/),
> mono (from RPMs copied from buildbot), netcdf (into /usr/local), python
> setuptools (where ever it goes).

Good work!

Looking at the the buildtest-full configure report I see it does not include,
but might benefit from, Xerces, HDF4, mysql and geos support.  It might
also be nice if the configurations for -quick and -full were somewhat
distinct.  Perhaps -quick could aim for a somewhat minimalist configuration
and -full could aim to include as many options as practical?  That way we
can test "graceful fallback" - for instance one with geos, one without.
One with curl, one without.

I guess these details might be better pursued on the gdal-dev list.