[SAC] xblade14-2 at load average: 9.75

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Sun Oct 26 18:38:11 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler kirjoitti:
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> Markus / Mateusz,
>>
>> Generally speaking, I think we should work to push buildbot slave activity
>> off this blade - initially to buildtest.osgeo.org, but possibly other places
>> as well.
>>

> Hi SAC;
>
> xblade14-2 is again sloooowly responding to http requests...
> (current load average: 3.29, 2.09, 1.48 due to buildbot)

I don't notice this very much when I browse the grass pages while the
buildbot is building gdal. The wiki is a bit slow but that's usual I
believe. I noticed a cracker bot trying to access buildbot.osgeo.org -
failed ssh connects every 3 seconds for some time but that was different
time than you were experiencing problems, so probably it wasn't that.
Are you sure the problem is xblade14 being slow?

> While I can imagine that it is painful to move it off, just curious
> if there are plans to do so. I realize that the recently added
> nice level 10 has only little positive effect on Apache.

I'm scheduled to move some of the slaves to buildtest, away from
buildbot. But I need to learn some things first.

> Another optimization might be to schedule it to the European
> night (=Asian morning, European night, US evening) instead of
> Asian evening, European day, US morning. Less users would
> be affected I assume.

Some rescheduling could be done but for example gdal buildbot runs more
or less continuously.

Ari