[SAC] Fwd: blacklisted mapserver

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 1 13:22:52 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Howard Butler <hobu.inc at gmail.com> wrote:
> mapserver.org (the .219 blade) was blacklisted because its mail server was
> incorrectly configured.  I have shutdown sendmail and postfix on the .219
> blade.  If anyone was actually using .219 to send email, these must be fixed
> before starting up or .219 will be blacklisted.  Any of the other blades
> will likely suffer a similar fate if their mail servers are incorrectly
> setup (just turning on postfix/sendmail by default will leave its hostname
> to 'localhost.localdomain' which many of the HELO test'ers will flag).

This needs to be fixed soon since
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC_Service_Status#xblade14-2_.28buildbot_.7C_upload_.7C_GDAL_.7C_GRASS_.7C_remotesensing.org_.7C_QGIS.29

GDAL | GRASS | remotesensing.org | QGIS are affected with
their Web sites/Wiki etc.

I hope that the messages are queued locally and not lost
(registration emails and cronjob notifications).

I would like to help but postfix isn't really my domain...
One observation: in /etc/postfix/main.cf I see

inet_interfaces = localhost

but it might be
inet_interfaces = localhost 198.202.74.219
or
inet_interfaces = $myhostname, localhost

?
Markus