[SAC] osgeo2 python system status

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 22:10:09 EDT 2009

All,

I would like to investigate using osgeo2 as a staging server for a
Trac upgrade as well as an exploratory installation of mercurial.
Both are going to require a more recent Python version.  I would
propose to install Python 2.6 in /usr/local, but I was unsure if any
other systems are running on osgeo2 that depend on Python, mod_python,
or anything like that.

If my mucking with Python on osgeo2 is going to be a problem, you have
one day to speak up :)

Howard

/me also notifies that he added a DNS record of osgeo2.osgeo.org ->
66.223.95.243 because he always ends up ssh'ing to the wrong machine.