Fwd: [SAC] Re: Motion for Trac/SVN/mailman for spatialindex

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 22:14:10 EDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>
> Date: July 13, 2009 9:36:38 AM CDT
> To: System Administration Committee Discussion/OSGeo <sac at lists.osgeo.org
> >
> Subject: Re: [SAC] Re: Motion for Trac/SVN/mailman for spatialindex
> >

> Howard Butler wrote:
>> On Jun 1, 2009, at 1:30 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> Friday in ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/379 Howard
>>> motioned
>>> for SAC to provide spatialindex with trac/svn/mailman services.  I
>>> can't
>>> seem to find the original email in my mailbox, but I am seconding
>>> his
>>> motion and voting:
>>>
>>> +1 Frank
>> Any other +1's on this so I can move forward?
>
> +1

Declaring this motion passed and forwarding on to the OSGeo Board for
a couple of days to comment (or reject) before implementing.

For the board, spatialindex is a small LGPL project that implements a
number of rtree indexing variants in C++.  I don't ever see it being
large enough to incubate, but it is an important part of the ecosystem
regardless.

Howard