[SAC] Wiki LDAP Migration

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Mar 8 09:48:42 EDT 2009

Hi,

One of the ongoing problems with SAC's administration of user accounts
is the duplication of accounts between the Wiki and the Drupal/LDAP
logins.

It is my understanding that the setup to fix this is largely done, but
this is blocking primarily on 'merging' the wiki accounts with the LDAP
accounts, primarily to main editor history and the like.

Due to the size of the work to merge these accounts, and the limited
amount of time/energy which is available for this, I'd like to propose
that -- assuming that my memory is correct, and LDAP migration is easy
other than this -- we migrate the wiki login system to be LDAP based.

Martin, I believe that the most recent effort in this regard was yours;
can you comment on the current state? Is my memory correct? Would you
be willing to help migrate this authentication mechanism?

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta