[SAC] Wiki LDAP Migration

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Mar 9 14:47:26 EDT 2009

I believe that we have a multi server wildcard SSL certificate from
digicert; it should be possible to back up the cert from osgeo1 and
install it on osgeo2.  Although I have absolutely no experience with SSL
on linux, these pages seem to offer some guidance on how to do this:

http://www.digicert.com/import-export-ssl-certificate.htm
http://www.digicert.com/ssl-support/apache-ssl-export.htm
http://www.digicert.com/ssl-certificate-installation-apache.htm

I really think that it would be unwise to allow LDAP authentication in
plain text.  Instructions for requiring SSL for login only on Mediawiki
(similar to how we do it with Drupal) are available here:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Configuration_tips_and_tricks#HTTPS
_on_Login_only

Jason