[SAC] demo.mapserver.org

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 9 14:45:57 EDT 2009

Folks,

Jeff McKenna and Perry Nacionales are working hard on the
MapServer Tutorial and it is desirable for us to have a modest
server configured with running services.

I have provisionally setup Jeff and Perry on the .215 xblade
(also used by geonetwork and mapbender) since it is
relatively lightly used.  Does anyone have any concerns about
this?

They (Jeff and Perry) have been warned that this blade has one of
the problem prone and small old disks, so they are going to be
backing up all configuration components carefully.  I believe they
will deploy Mapserver from FGS.

I will update the SAC system status doc shortly to indicate this
use of the server.

I've also added a DNS pointer for demo.mapserver.org to this
machine.  It is convenient having these project DNS entries
under SAC shared administration!