[SAC] PostGIS subversion/trac

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:37:05 EDT 2009

PostGIS would like to migrate to OSGeo for Trac and Subversion (oops,
I've already migrated subversion :) ).  Because PostGIS is an
affiliate project, and not an actual OSGeo project, I can't remember
the process that we (SAC) must go through to approve giving them
infrastructure support.

Was our process:

1) motion to SAC, approve, and implement

or:

1) motion to SAC, approve
2) SAC notifies Board for approval
3) implement

I seem to remember our process being the latter, but I can't remember
if we amended it to be the former.  My wiki and google fu were lacking
here.

By implementing subversion support for PostGIS already, I realize I
have done things out of turn.  Their server is/was rapidly spiraling
to death, so this at least gives them a temporary home if we were to
not approve them for whatever reason.  PostGIS will ultimately want
Trac/SVN and maybe mailman support from us, but I'll let Paul expand
the request further if there is any.

/me motions to provide the PostGIS project with infrastructure support.

Bureaucratically-ineptitude'ly yours,

Howard