[SAC] Link remote SVN to Trac at OSGeo

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu May 21 12:18:54 EDT 2009

On May 21, 2009, at 9:31 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> Christopher Schmidt wrote:
>> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 01:49:56PM +0100, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to link remote SVN repository to Trac hosted at
>>> OSGeo?
>>
>> Trac talks directly to a repository on disk. what might be possibl
>> (but
>> isn't done at the moment) is to use svnsync to maintain a copy of the
>> remote svn  locally, and then have trac talk to that -- I believe it
>> produces an essentially identical SVN copy ,and thus trac could
>> talk to
>> it (albeit delayed by some amount of sync time).
>>
>> (This is a comment on technical feasability.)
>
> Thanks Chris for the explanation.

Yes, we could svnsync but it brings a bunch of extra complexity.
svnsync is very sensitive to server version, and we're running one of
the very first svn versions that supported it.  There's a ticket about
upgrading us to svn 1.5, which wouldn't be a bad idea if someone had
the time to implement it.  That would eliminate the version
sensitivity as well.

At one time it was discussed in Trac development for it to work with
remote repositories, but I don't know if that is going to come to
fruition.

Howard