[SAC] dsmc - tivoli backup system on osgeo1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 19 16:36:12 EST 2009

Folks,

I am increasingly convinced that the automated backup done by dsmc
on osgeo1 is responsible for the IO contention that leads to service
unavailability on a fairly frequent basis.

I would like to disable these backups for a couple weeks to see if it helps
a lot.  We have never used the backups and most service data is backed up
by other mechanisms anyways.

Thoughts?  If there are no objections raised here in a couple days I might
just go ahead and do it.

Also, does anyone know how to manage this service?  Do I need to file a ticket
with peer1?