[SAC] Re: Motion: Add Alan Boudreault as SAC member and Primary Admin

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Oct 13 08:35:09 EDT 2009

Um... only Frank and Arnulf voted, while their voice is important to me,
I'm a bit uncomfortable with the silence of the rest of the committee.
Should it be interpreted as "don't care", or "we don't need another
primary admin but won't necessarily -1 it", or "it was a long weekend
and the email got unnoticed"?

Or is the hesitation related to ticket #490 which I am also trying to
push? If that's the case then please speak up... SAC has in the past
accepted to host projects that are friendly to OSGeo as long as a
primary admin was willing to support it... if we want this practice to
change then let's state it openly, but not just ignore requests. (I am
perfectly happy hosting and promoting our projects at Maptools.org, but
feel that doing it at OSGeo is a win-win for the projects and for OSGeo
itself... I'm not begging for anything, just trying to do what's best
for OSGeo.)

I'll wait a few more hours before withdrawing my motion, just in case I
had misinterpreted the lack of responses...

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/