[SAC] errors with Trac

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Sep 22 14:20:17 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 02:07:34PM -0400, Mike Adair wrote:
> The first time I tried to update that ticket I got an error:
>
> TICKET_APPEND privileges are required to perform this operation
>
> then I tried again and the update went through.
>
> It appears to be something intermittent, sometimes it says I am logged
> in, other times the login link appears.

I'd recommend:
 * Clearing your cache
 * Removing your cookies for trac.osgeo.org
 * Closing browser
 * Opening browser
 * Logging in

And see if that improves the behavior. Trac uses a combination of cookies
and basic auth for login detection, so it's possible this willc cuase trac
to 'wake up' as to your state.

-- Chris

> Mike
>

> Christopher Schmidt wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 01:26:36PM -0400, Mike Adair wrote:
>>
>>> I would create a ticket for this in Trac but I can't...
>>>
>>> We have been getting permissions errors trying to update tickets for Fusion (and now also for the main osgeo Trac instance)
>>>
>>> Clicking on the login link, often times does nothing, other times appears like you are logged in but then won't accept updates to tickets.
>>>
>>> Can someone look into this please?
>>>

>> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/454#comment:1
>>
>> Are you getting any error messages?
>>
>> -- Chris