[SAC] errors with Trac

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Sep 24 12:14:21 EDT 2009

Martin Spott wrote:

> Already did that for a while today and noticed quite a few Apache and
> Postfix processes (load between 20 and 24) - nothing which made me feel
> surprised. To my opinion the web service checker is a bit too sensitive
> and reports unavailability when the system is simply responding a bit
> more slowly than usual.

That's quite possible, it's just a simple script that uses "wget -T 5
..." and if it fails the first time (i.e. no response in 5 seconds) then
it waits 30 seconds and tries again. If it fails both times then it
sends the error notice.

I have modified the script to increase the timeout from 5 to 15 seconds
(i.e. "wget -T 15 ..."), let's see if that helps. Note that this just a
legacy script that we had, and we use better alternatives to monitor
servers these days such as Nagios, so I could disable the script if it
creates too much noise.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette