[SAC] osgeo2 problems

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Apr 12 17:30:37 EDT 2010

Folks,

I just got a call from Peer1 who have observed problems with http
service on osgeo2.  I think they may have restarted apache and mysql,
and I believe Chris also restarted apache once today.  The Peer1 guy
noted that visits to http://66.223.95.243 gives the report:

Warning: require_once(./sites/default/settings.php) [function.require-once]:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
/var/www/html/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 154

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required
'./sites/default/settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in
/var/www/html/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 154

I'm not sure if this is significant or not, but I thought I should pass it
on.  I imagine the issues somehow relate to the qgis site migrated here a
few weeks ago, and it seems to be some sort of "connection starvation"
issue though I don't grasp the details.

I'd like to encourage people to keep on things.  Given the relative short
lifetime of osgeo2 going forward, it may be sufficient to just restart things
when problems are encountered rather than do a deeper analysis.

To that end, do we have a qgis VM setup yet?  Could that be done so that
things can start being migrated?