[SAC] Server quote/discussions (New Quote)

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 21:35:44 EST 2010

On Feb 5, 2010, at 11:10 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Alex Mandel wrote:
>> Final price from Dell for the previous quote with discounts is $15260.96
>> Anything left for final approval so Tyler can put the purchase in?
>
> Alex,
>
> In theory it would be nice to have a SAC vote approving this, but I haven't
> heard any concerns and I think this would just hold things up a couple days.
> I'd say have Tyler press the button if Howard gives a final ok.

I move to accept the quote and machine specs that Alex has provided.  We should have a formal, two business day (closes on Wednesday morning), motion to allow anyone who feels they need to -1 for any reason to do so.  Of course, vetoing means stepping up to do some more work than Alex has already done.  Great work Alex, I can't wait to start standing up our services on the new machines.

/me starts with a +1

Howard