[SAC] Server Planning

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Feb 18 16:14:00 EST 2010

On 02/18/2010 01:09 PM, Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 20:41, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
>> Maybe a dedicated Postgres VM would be in order then. I did notice that
>> Drupal's maintenance of postgres backend has been subpar compared to
>> MySQL so I doubt those should be moved but wiki instances sounds great.
>
> Drupal + PostgreSQL is not a good idea if we want an easy to maintain
> site. So I'd say that MySQL is a requirement.
> Also for drupal it would be best if the DB is the same machine as the
> webserver, since drupal is a HEAVY user of the DB. I don't know how
> much a VM to VM communication compares to having DB and webserver on
> the same... But as long as it is FAST all is good :P
>
> What OS will the webserver be running? Can it be Debian or
> Debian-based? Please? ;)
>
> --Wolf

The OS is Debian Stable 64bit with backports enabled.
Drupal is listed with MySQL
Mediawiki which is a different VM is slated to migrate to Postgres
(Maintainers of wiki.osgeo.org were already planning this)

I'll try to clean up the wiki page to make that more clear since those
things have been determined mostly via IRC discussions.

Thanks for the interest,